Please read the following before you Download the application PDF form below.
1. Completion of the handyDART application for
· The application form is available with the link below.
· Completed forms can be emailed or faxed to the handyDART office
o Mail to: handyDART Client Registrar, #F - 4705 Trans Canada Highway, Duncan, BC, V9L 6E1
o Fax to: 250 – 748-3509
o For more information call 250 – 748-1230
· Assistance may be given to an individual filling in the form; however, all applications MUST be signed by the individual who is applying for handyDART, or by their legal power of attorney. BC’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) prohibits personal information (such as is provided on this form) to be given out without consent of the individual. While we understand that this creates challenges in some circumstances, we can no longer accept applications that have been signed by: medical professionals, social workers, friends, or family members. Forms that have not been signed correctly will be returned to the sender.
· Ensure that two (2) contact phone numbers are provided on the assessment form. These will be used for booking the assessment appointment. If the appointment should be booked through a third party (ie. a family member or caregiver), then ensure this information is clear on the form.
- handyPass information is not required at the time of registration for handyDART service.
- Please do not submit photos for the handyPass at the time of registering for handyDART.
- After your handyDART application is approved you may wish to consider an application for handyPass and at that time you should discuss it with the Registrar at Oak Transit
2. At the handyDART office, the application form will be checked to ensure that the applicant is within the applicable service area and that the form has been signed correctly prior to being forwarded to CBI Health Centre (the occupational therapist responsible for doing the assessment) for your assessment appointment to be booked.
This process usually occurs the same day of application
3. CBI Health Centre will contact the applicant and set up an assessment. Assessments are usually scheduled within 24 hours of receiving he application; however, this may take up to a week if there is difficulty contacting the applicant by phone.
· Applicants are invited to bring a friend, family member or caregiver to the assessment appointment. This is especially encouraged for individuals who may have difficulty providing all relevant information themselves.
· If needed an applicant may use handyDART, free of charge, to and from the assessment. For many individuals this can be a useful way to get a first sense of the handyDART system.
4. CBI Health Centre has committed to providing available appointment times to handyDART applicants that fall within a one week period following contact with the applicant. At times, appointments occur more than one week following contact; these situations are typically due to the availability of the applicant.”
5. Please be aware that Oak Transit handyDART does not offer Taxi Saver Services.
Monday to Friday,
7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday and holidays,
Monday to Thursday:
7:30am to 4:30pm
7:30 to 3:30pm
#F - 4705 Trans Canada Highway
Duncan, BC, V9L 6E1